Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Poppyseed Vinaigrette and Pan Seared Pork Tenderloin

Every time I am out of town for the weekend, I come home craving a healthy dinner. The Hubs helped me out Sunday night by grilling some chicken for dinner. He is the best. Last night, however, was back on my plate. I had pork on my mind but also was craving a salad. Cooking with pork tenderloin is delicious and healthy, but you don't often see it served with salads. I am not sure why because I love the combination. What is great about serving a salad is Hubs can put ingredients he enjoys and I don't have to feel bad for making him eat what I want. 

With the weather absolutely gorgeous today, my mind went straight to my poppyseed dressing. I make this dressing and eat it on strawberries, blueberries, fruit salads, or a traditional salad as I did this evening. It is so light and full of flavor it is a staple throughout the spring and summer with access to lots of fresh fruits. Hope you're hungry!



Poppyseed Vinaigrette 
GF/DF


Ingredients:

2 T olive oil
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 apple cider vinegar
2 1/2 t t ground mustard
1 t poppyseed 
1 t sea salt
1/4 cup water
1 shallot

What to do:

Remove the outer skin and ends of your shallot and cut in fourths.


Add all ingredients into a food processor (I used my mini prep, best kitchen tool ever!!)

Processor for about a minute, or until the minute turns a pale yellow in color and the shallot its ground into the mixture.

I store mine in a mason jar in the fridge until it is gone. It is fine for a few weeks. 




Pan Seared Pork Tenderloin 


Ingredients:
2 pack pork tenderloin (about 2 1/2 pounds)
1 cup orange juice
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/4 cup GF soy sauce
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 t fresh grated ginger

What to do:

Start by removing an excess fat from your tenderloin.

Add orange juice, olive oil, dry sherry, and soy sauce in a medium bowl (I used a large measuring cup so it would be easier to pour out)

Whisk together.

Roughly chop your rosemary and the add it into the orange juice marinade.


Grate your ginger into the orange juice mixture and give it a whisk one more time.


Add your tenderloins into a gallon sized bag.

Pour your marinade over the tenderloins and securely close. I like to flip the bag over a few times to evenly distribute everything.

Allow to marinate int the fridge for about 30 minutes. If you have longer, it is fine to leave it in there, but don't let it marinate for over 2 hours because the acidity in the orange juice will actually start to cook the pork.

Remove the tenderloin from the bag, but reserve your marinade. Cut your tenderloin into 1/2 - 3/4 inch pieces.


Heat 3 T marinade over medium heat in a medium skillet.

Add in a few of the pork medallions at a time.


Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping half way though.


Continue to cook the pork in batches. You may have to add additional marine throughout the cooking process.

Serve on top of your fresh greens with your toppings of choice. I had strawberries, almonds, red onion, and tomatoes. 

Pour the poppyseed vinaigrette over your salad and enjoy! 

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 

No comments:

Post a Comment