Monday, March 10, 2014

Blueberry Muffin Cake

I have a real thing for blueberries. They are full of antioxidants, taste wonderful, and can be used in so many different ways. Over the weekend, I decided to create a blubbery muffin cake. We did not have a single thing planned for our weekend and that rarely happens. Hubs got up early Saturday morning to go "listen for turkeys." Yes, it is about that time of year; hunting widow here I come. Anyway, I wanted to have a little something for him when he woke up from his morning nap.

I always have frozen blueberries on hand as I pop them in my morning smoothies often. The rest of the ingredients in this recipe I also usually keep on hand so this was a super easy recipe. You can make this recipe in any pan you desire. If you have a pretty bundt pan, by all means use that. I decided to keep it simple and use 9 inch round baking pans and created my cake into a pie style.

Blueberry Muffin Cake
gluten free, dairy free, egg free

Ingredients:

2 cups GF flour 
1 t xanthan gum
1/2 T unsweetened coco powder 
2 t baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter substitute 
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetend applesauce 
1/2 cup DF milk
1 t vanilla extract
2 cups frozen, unsweeteend blueberries (one 10 oz bag)


Preheat oven to 375°.

In a large bowl, add in your flour, xanthan gum, coco powder, baking powder, and salt.


If you have a stand mixture, this is the time to use it. If you don't have one, no worries. Hand mixer will work just perfectly for this recipe. Cream together your butter substitute and sugar. 




Add your flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix for just about 20 seconds.


Add your applesauce, milk, and vanilla into the butter mixture. Mix on low for about a minute.


Fold in your frozen blueberries.



I used one nine inch pan, but you can use whatever pan you choose.
Bake your pie for 20-25 minutes, depending on what pan you use. You know it is done if you insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.




Enjoy!


Helpful hint: this recipe is so delicious, you could even add a scoop of your favorite ice-cream and eat it for dessert!

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 

No comments:

Post a Comment