Monday, March 17, 2014

Lemon Garlic Scamp

I spent the weekend down at the beach celebrating a bachelorette party for two of my friends. We had an absolute blast but I am so exhausted! During the day Saturday we rented a boat and went out to crab Island for the day. It may have been a little chilly, but that didn't stop us from have an awesome time! 


Every time I go down to the beach I always come back with fresh fish to cook for dinner. This time I grabbed a piece of scamp because it was just calling my name. 

The key to cooking fish it to keep it moist. This is a super easy way to make delicious, moist fish. I used a cast iron skillet in this recipe which is the best option. However, any oven proof skillet will work. If you don't have an oven proof skillet, you can always transfer the fish to a baking dish after you sear it in the skillet and then pour the onion mixture over the fish.

Lemon Garlic Scamp
 GF/DF


Ingredients:

1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 small onion
1 lemon
about 1 pound fresh white fish (I used scamp)
3-4 fresh garlic cloves (depending on size)
10 oz fresh grape tomatoes 
2 T fresh parsley 
2 T extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper 

Preheat oven to 350°.

Dice your onion.

Chop your parsley.

Mince your garlic. It should be about 1 tablespoon once minced.

Slice your tomatoes in half.


Add white wine, chicken broth, and minced garlic into a medium bowl. Grate your lemon rind into the bowl.

Squeeze in the juice from your lemon.

Add in your diced onion and chopped parsley and mix it together.

Heat your olive oil in an oven proof skillet.

Because my piece of fish was large, I cut it half to handle easier.

Sprinkle one side of your fish with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned side down in to hot skillet.

Cook for two minutes. While your fish is cooking, sprinkle the top side with salt and pepper. 

Flip the fish and cook for another two minutes.

Turn off the heat. Pour your onion mixture over your your fish.

Add in your chopped tomatoes.

Finish in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and the tomatoes soften. 





Hope you love it! 
Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment