Thursday, October 3, 2013

HURRY UP FALL WEATHER!!!

I am determined to make it feel like Fall around the Wise residence. Although today's high was 87, I am still craving the tastes of fall. I have started burning fall scented candles. Speaking of candles.. I found a new one at Target I am OBSESSED with! It is the the Nature's Wick line, Bonfire Nights. It is the PERFECT fall candle. Really I would probably burn it all year round! whoops sidetrack... Another part of fall I love is PUMPKIN BREAD! When you first think of pumpkin bread, you probably don't think of healthy snack option that is dairy free gluten free. Well, guess what.... my version is!!! 

So here goes nothing!

Fall is Here Pumpkin Bread


Ingredients:


1 can pure pumpkin
1 cup agave (or honey)
1/2 cup unsweetened gluten free applesauce 
2 eggs
2 cups almond flour
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t ground cloves
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t cinnamon
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt

What to do:

Preheat oven to 350°

Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Mix thoroughly until well combined.

Pour into loaf pan. My sweet Mother-In-Law gave me this super cute pumpkin loaf pan as a happy for fall so I used that one. You can use any loaf pan you like.


Bake for 65-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy the delicious smell as your bread is baking! 

For you dairy eaters out there, try a slice with a scoop if vanilla ice cream and I will just sit back and envy you! 

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment