Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Secret Fall Vegetable Marinade

Okay so maybe its not a massive secret, but it is slightly different than other marinades. I add an ingredient that most people wouldn't think of. I tend to use this only with my fall veggies because I feel like they are more hearty and can have a twist. I wanted an easy side dish tonight, surprise, surprise. But really, today I had to take my dog to the vet to have a little growth removed and he was groggy so I wanted to pay close attention to him. This recipe is super easy I promise! 

helpful hint: If you don't care for one of these veggies I have chosen, feel free to substitute. If I were making just for me, I would have chosen sweet potato over regular potato. Guess I have to make the hubs happy too though... 

Oven Roasted Fall Vegetables  
Dairy Free, Gluten Free 


Vegetable I Chose:

1 pound Brussels sprouts
1 package white mushrooms
1 russet baking potato
1 butternut squash
1 red onion

Here's what to do!

Preheat your oven to 350°.

Simply chop up your veggies. Here's some guidance!

Thoroughly wash your Brussels. Trim the hard stem.

Remove any dark green leaves. 


Now to take on the butternut squash! Trim 1/4 inch off the top and bottom.


Peel the skin.

Stand the squash up on the bottom. Using a sharp chef's knife, slice the squash in half lengthwise.

Using a spoon scoop out the seeds and pulp, like you would a pumpkin :) 


Lay the squash flat and slice in half widthwise.

Slice the squash into slices, lengthwise.

Rotate the strips and cut into cubes.

Okay now on to the potato. Wash the potato and slice in half lengthwise.

Slice the halves into fourths. 

Line up the fourths and chop into bite size pieces. 

For the onion, cut in half widthwise and remove the outer layer.

Remove both ends. Cut the halves into fourths. (whoops forgot the pic)

Add all of your veggies into a large casserole dish.



Marinade Ingredients: 

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 T Agave (or honey)
4 t balsamic vinegar 
1/2 T dried oregano
1 t garlic powder 
Pinch of salt and pepper 

Add all marinade ingredients into a small bowl. Whisk to completely combine. 

Pour the marinade over the vegetables in your casserole dish. Let sit on the counter for 20 minutes before putting in the oven. Stirring periodically. 

Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to one hour or until the potatoes are fork tender. Just keep an eye on them!

Happy Eating!!

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 

No comments:

Post a Comment