Thursday, October 24, 2013

Blueberry Delight!

So for some reason I have been craving blueberries lately. Of course it isn't blueberry season, so I am very thankful for frozen blueberries. When you put frozen blueberries in a dessert, they taste just as yummy!! My husband likes blueberries as well, so I wanted to create a dessert that both of us could eat and he couldn't even tell they were gluten and dairy free :) I know I am kinda cruel to do that to him, but I always have a sense of accomplishment when I make something he really likes and would ask for again and it also won't make me sick.  These are semi-homemade and take full advantage of store bought products. So here you go!

Mini Blueberry Delights
gluten free, dairy free


Ingredients:



3 T corn starch
2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
2 T lemon juice
1 container dairy free gluten free cream cheese
3 T agave (or honey)
1 container of Pillsbury pie and pastry dough, (Keep in fridge until ready to use)
1 mini muffin pan

Preheat oven to 350°

Okay lets create your filling. Add the honey and cream cheese together.

Throughly mix until smooth.

Then add in your lemon juice and corn starch and stir to combine.

Toss in 2 cups of your blueberries.

Stir to combine.

Now get our your dough. Tear off a little pieces of the dough. Roll in your hand to create a ball.

Flatten out the ball in your hand.

Press the dough into your mini muffin pan. Leaving a little edge poking out.

Scoop your filling into your muffin tin.

I had some leftover filling, so on a whim I put it into a small dish and topped with blueberries. I baked it  for about the same time as the delights and it was pretty tasty! Sort of like a creme brûlée sans the cream :) 

Okay back to the original dessert. 

Top each dessert with 3 blueberries. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Just watch and when the crust is sightly browned and cooked all the way through your desserts are done!


Hope you love them as much as my house did!
Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment