Monday, September 23, 2013

It's all Greek to me


I realized I have been slacking in the "One Pot Monday," category, so I thought I would share one with you.  I was flipping through our family cookbook the other day and ran across a recipe that I haven't noticed before. It was super simple and I knew I could easily make it gluten and dairy free. I tweaked it a little and was so excited how yummy it was! So from my family to yours, I bring you..


One Pot Greek Chicken 

Ingredients: 
2 chicken breast (you could use any piece of chicken you prefer)
Approximately 4 cups potatoes 
1 jar artichoke hearts
1/2 can black olives
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c lemon juice

1 T minced garlic
1 T oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375°

Place your chicken breast in a square baking dish

Slice up your potatoes

Add your potatoes in with your chicken 

Drain and toss in your artichoke hearts. I accidentally bought marinated so thats what I used. 

Add in your black olives

In a small medium, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.

Pour the olive oil mixture over the chicken and veggies and cover with aluminum foil. Cook for 40 Minutes. 

Remove the foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes

That's it!

Hope you enjoy your greek one pot Monday! I served our chicken with a green salad!

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 

No comments:

Post a Comment