Monday, September 30, 2013

A Quick, Throw Together Meal

Today when I went to the grocery store, I had a completely different meal in mind than what I ended up serving my husband. When I came home with the ingredients for homemade gnocchi, I decided I was way to lazy and put that off until later in the week. This is not the first time this has happened to me! I tend to feel ambitious at the grocery and come home and take a "quick seat" on the couch and whoop there goes the meal I planned. I started digging in my pantry and freezer and came up with this dish. Hope you enjoy!

Chicken Spinach Pesto Casserole
Gluten Free, Dairy Free


Ingredients:

2 cups sliced small potatoes (I used honey gold)
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 box frozen spinach (9 oz)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
1 cup dairy free pesto (recipe here)
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375°

Wash and slice potatoes in half.

Place in medium baking dish. Salt and pepper the potatoes.

Slice chicken in 1 inch pieces.

Place in casserole dish on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.

Cut a slit in the bag of your frozen spinach. Defrost in the microwave on a plate for 2 minutes or until completely defrosted.

Place in strainer to drain the extra water. Firmly press the spinach with you fingers to ensure all the moisture is removed.



Spread spinach on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.

Top with the dairy free pesto.



Cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked and potatoes are fork tender

Enjoy!!

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife




No comments:

Post a Comment