Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Thai Chicken Pasta

Not too long ago, a friend of mine challenged me to make some delicious Thai food that is GF/DF. Well Court, I did it! I started out simple because I have not experienced too many times with thai food. Let me tell you, this dish was made for me! I based my sauce around coconut milk. I promise you, this recipe doesn't taste like coconut. If it did, I wouldn't eat it. Coconut is pretty much the one food I just don't enjoy. 

I had to work late on this day, so I knew I wanted to have a quick meal. This was a super fast dinner with so much flavor! The spice level isn't unbearable, however, you can always bump up the spiciness! A little secret, I added a little extra red chili paste to my serving. :) I used Thai Kitchen Roasted Red Chili Paste. It's gluten free and says so right on the label. 

To make this meal even faster, I used a rotisserie chicken. What did we do before them?? Remove the skin and just use the delicious white meat. I checked with our grocery and they are gluten free!! Yay! 

I also use roasted peanuts for this pasta. You can buy them in the grocery, but of course I prefer to roast my own. (Really its just an excuse to have leftover peanuts to snack on).

 Simply place raw peanuts on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little bit of olive oil and roast at 325° for about 25 minutes. Watch them carefully as they can easily burn! Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt while they cool.


What to do you say? Want to make some Thai food?


Thai Chicken Pasta
GF/DF

Ingredients:

1 12 oz package GF spaghetti, I used 3/4 of the package  
about 3 cups cooked chicken
1 clove garlic
1 t olive oil
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 t cumin
1/4 t ground ginger
1/8 t white pepper
1/8 t black pepper
1 T roasted red chili paste
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
1 T fresh cilantro 

If you are using fresh chicken breast, dice and cook in a large skillet with a little olive oil. If using rotisserie chicken, remove the skin and shred the meat.

Cook 3/4 of the package of pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. 

Go ahead and mince that garlic.

Roughly chop your cilantro.

Add your olive oil to a large, deep skillet.

Add in your minced garlic and sauté for about a minute or until fragrant. 


Shake the coconut milk well, and then add to your skillet over low heat and stir.

Add in cumin, ginger, white pepper, and black pepper.

Stir together and bring to a slight simmer.

Add in your chili paste and give it a good stir, breaking up the paste to evenly distribute with the coconut milk. 


Add in your cooked chicken and give it a good stir. 

Next add in your cooked pasta, cilantro, and roasted peanuts.


Stir it all together. 

Voila! You have dinner! 



Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 

No comments:

Post a Comment