Friday, June 27, 2014

Grilled Turkey Roast

A good friend of mine reached out to me the other day asking for some more healthy grilling recipes. I have mentioned her before, but incase you missed it, you can follow Katie on her amazing life blog here!! Katie…this recipe is especially for you... a healthy grilled turkey roast recipe! 

If you haven't discovered turkey roast in your freezer section, you are absolutely missing out on something wonderful. They cook faster than a large whole turkey and only have the white breast meat that most people prefer.

I make them in the oven all the time and they always turn out delicious. I will have to show you a few of my recipes for roasting the turkey breast in the oven.

HELPFUL HINT: You have two options when it comes to the netting that comes around the turkey. You can remove this netting to allow the marinade to get into each crevice of the turkey. However, if you do not know how to truss a roast, LEAVE THE NETTING IN TACT or you will be sorry later. I would recommend leaving the netting on.

What do you say we get to grilling? Printable Recipe Here!!

Grilled Turkey Roast
naturally GF/DF

Ingredients:

1 turkey breast roast, defrosted
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 t celery salt
1/2 t thyme
3 garlic cloves
1 sprig fresh rosemary
pinch of salt

What to do:

First we need to get your turkey marinating. Remove your turkey from the package. Mine came with a gravy package that I just tossed. If you are going to remove the netting and truss the roast later, go ahead and do so now. If not, skip this step. Honestly, I was wishing I had kept this netting on once I got ready to grill.


Mince your garlic and chop your rosemary.


Add olive oil, celery salt, thyme, garlic, rosemary, and salt into a large bowl.

Whisk together.

Add your defrosted turkey breast roast into the marinade.

Turn the roast several times to ensure the marinade coats all sides.

Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

If you removed your netting, truss the turkey breast now. 

Heat your grill to about 375°- 400°. Place your roast onto grill, skin side up.


Allow the turkey to grill for about an hour, flipping about every 15-20 minutes. Your turkey is fully cooked when an internal thermometer reaches 165°. I like to pull the turkey off the grill when the thermometer reads 160° and allow it to rest on the counter for about 10 minutes to ensure the moisture stays inside the breasts.




Remove the netting, and cut the breasts into slices. Time to dig in!



Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife


1 comment:

  1. I think I am going to try this. I am looking for healthier grilling options and getting kind of sick of the usual.

    ReplyDelete