Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Healthy Hasselback Potatoes

I have seen people make these type of potatoes all over the internet, but I never tried it myself. Most of the versions I see have butter pallets placed between each slice of potato. Now, don't get me wrong, I am sure that is delicious. However, that is not the healthiest way to cook your potatoes. I made a healthier version by simply replacing the butter with olive oil and added some herbs. 

I like to leave the skin on when I cook potatoes because that is where all of the nutrients are. 
I simply made an herbed olive oil and used that to flavor the potatoes. I am sure you are aware by now that my house loves potatoes. Want to join in on on the fun?

Healthy Hasselback Potatoes
Naturally GF/DF

Ingrediens:

1 pound large red potatoes 
1/2 t salt
1/2 t freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 t dried oregano
1/4 t dried thyme 
1/2 t dried sage
1/4 t garlic powder

What to do:

Preheat your oven to 400°.

Throughly wash your potatoes. 

Using a sharp knife, slice the potatoes almost all the way through but not completely. You want the potatoes to stay in tact. 


Place your potatoes on a parchment covered baking dish.


Sprinkle the potatoes with your salt and pepper.



Make sure you get it in between the layers.

Add the olive oil, oregano, thyme, sage, and garlic powder together in a medium bow. 
Stir to mix well.

Using a basting brush, spread the olive oil mixture evenly over the potatoes. 

Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.



Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 





No comments:

Post a Comment