Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Spicy Sausage Tomato pasta

So I didn't realize until late in the day, but yesterday was national wine day!! Perfect excuse to enjoy a glass with supper. Since I was opening up a bottle anyway, I figured I would use wine in supper. I had some sausage in the fridge that a friend of ours gave us that I wanted to use. It was DELICIOUS! It was real, homemade sausage. I through together an easy spicy sausage. You can always adjust the levels of spice if you are sensitive to that. 

Happy National Wine Day!!

Spicy Sausage Tomato Pasta
GF, DF 


Ingredients:

1/2 white onion
2 T fresh parsley
1 fresh jalapeño
1 green pepper
3 cloves garlic
1box GF pasta
1 T GF, DF butter
1 T olive oil 
1 pound ground sausage, I used pork 
4 oz tomato paste 
1/4 t crushed red pepper
1/4 t cayenne
1 t dried basil
1/2 t paprika
pinch of salt and pepper

What to do:

First lets get all of our ingredients ready to go.

Dice your onion.

Dice your jalapeño. If you are heat sensitive I suggest removing the seeds and pith (the white inside)

Mince your garlic. I cheated and used my little garlic mincer :) 

Chop your green peppers 

Roughly chop your parsley

Cook your pasta according to package directions.

While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil and butter substitute in a large skillet over medium heat. 

Once the butter has melted, Add in your sausage.


Using a wooden spoon, break up the sausage so it will evenly brown. Cook until no long pink, about 4 minutes.


Add in your onions, jalapeño, and garlic.

Stir and cook until the onions soften, about 5 minutes. 

Add in green pepper and seasoning.

Add in your tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to combine.


Add in your mushrooms, stir, and bring to a simmer, allowing to cook for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms has softened.



Add in your coconut cream and stir to completely combine and to help melt to coconut cream. Taste your sauce and add salt if you need to.





Add your sauce in with your cooked and drained pasta and stir to create your dish!


Top with your chopped parsley and serve. I served mine with a side salad.


Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 



No comments:

Post a Comment