Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Chicken and Vegetable Tomato Soup

I was craving a one pot meal when I created this recipe. I was tired from the day and wanted an easy dinner that wouldn't take all of my attention for the evening. Soups are always a good choice for easy meals but I didn't want a comfort food soup. I wanted a veggie soup that was light but would still me up. After all, it has been in the 70's this week. Yay!!  I think I succeeded! Although Hubs picked right around the sweet potatoes, he said it was delicious. 

Want an easy but delicious meal? Try this out:

Chicken and Vegetable Tomato Soup.
GF, DF 


Ingredients: 

1 white onion
1 medium sweet potato
1 zucchini
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 can cannellini beans
 2 T olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1/4 t cayenne
1 t ground cumin
1 T salt
1/2 t fresh ground pepper
1 cup tomato puree
4 cups water
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup millet 


As I do every recipe, lets go ahead and get your ingredients ready so we can move smoothly through the recipe. 

Dice your onion.

Cube your sweet potato and zucchini.


Roughly chop your parsley.

Drain and rinse your cannellini beans to remove an excess sodium.

In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat.

Add in your onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.


Add in your chicken, cayenne, cumin, salt, and pepper and stirring to cook for about 2 minutes. 



Stir in your sweet potatoes, zucchini, tomato puree, broth, and water. 


Bring to a simmer, allowing to cook for 10 minutes until the veggies soften.

Add in your millet and beans and allow to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.

Turn off the heat and stir in your parsley. Cover and allow to sit for an additional 5 minutes before serving. 

Yup. That's it!! Hope you enjoy!



Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 



No comments:

Post a Comment