Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pecan Crusted Chicken

This week I had my rehearsal dinner on my mind. Although I didn't have much of an appetite the day before I got married, guess I had a lot of my mind, we served a wonderful double plate of pecan crusted chicken and steak at our rehearsal dinner. I knew it couldn't be too hard to recreate the pecan chicken, so I attempted and actually succeeded!  I LOVE pecan crusted chicken and I didn't really get to enjoy it that night. Tonight, I did and it was delicious! This is such a simple recipe that anyone can make. 

There are only a few ingredients in this recipe and I always have them on hand. Serve the chicken with brown rice and a green veggie or your choice and you have a quick meal! I went with brown rice and steamed broccoli for a well rounded easy dinner.

Happy Cooking!

Pecan Crusted Chicken
GF, DF


Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
3/4 cup dijon mustard
2 T agave nectar 
2 cups pecan pieces (approximate) 
a pinch of salt
butters substitute for greasing your baking dish

Preheat oven to 350°.

Trim off any excess fat on your chicken breast. Yeah I know that looks kinda gross ha but the more you get off before, the less chewy pieces you end up biting in to :) 

Mix your dijon mustard and agave nectar together in a bowl big enough to put your chicken breast in. 

Add in a pinch of salt.

Add your pecan pieces into a shallow dish. I used a baking pan. 

Butter a small baking dish.

Add one chicken breast at a time into the mustard mixture and completely coat the chicken.


Straight from the mustard mixture, place the chicken into the pecans and completely coat on both sides.


Place your chicken into your buttered baking dish.

Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.

With about 15 minutes left, I ended up covering with tin foil as the pecans were starting to brown a little too much.

Serve with your delicious sides and dip a plate!



Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment