Thursday, August 15, 2013

Yummy Gluten/dairy Free Breakfast IS Possible!

Who said gluten free/dairy free can't be quick and yummy? With so many people having dietary restrictions these days, companies have created so many new options for us to choose from! I will let you in on my secret products that make my life more simple and tasty.

So you say you're craving waffles? No way they can be healthy, right? Of course they can! 

Simply take these frozen Van's gluten free, dairy free waffles 
(they also make plain but I tried the blueberry this time)

and add a little Earth Balance "butter" 


and top with fresh blueberries or strawberries, whatever you prefer. and Voila! Gluten free, diary free, healthy breakfast.


Need breakfast on the go? So did I. So I began looking at all the protein and fruit bars at the grocery. Almost every single one of them either had preservatives, gluten, dairy, or so many calories and fat grams they weren't worth eating. Now I did find a few I tried, but lets be real. I don't want to force breakfast down my throat because it is healthy but taste like cardboard. Am I right? 



At last I have found something I truly enjoy the taste of that is vegan, organic, and gluten free! 
Pure Organic Bars are so delicious that I enjoy having to grab a quick breakfast because I know it will be super yummy! The wild blueberry is my personal favorite. (can you tell I have a thing for blueberries?) 

Another one of my favorite products is PB2 powdered peanut butter. It is a  MUCH healthier, gluten free, option than pre-made options at the grocery. According to their website, it has nearly 85% less fat calories than regular peanut butter! Simply mix 2 T with 1 T of water and stir until smooth. The result is tasty peanut butter! One of my favorite ways to use PB2 is in my breakfast smoothies for extra protein to help me stay full until lunch. 

Diary Free Smoothie




 Ingredients: 
3-4 pieces of ice
1 1/2 cups of your favorite fruits (I chose bananas, blueberries, and strawberries)
3 T milk substitute (I use almond milk)
a little less than 1 T PB2 (optional)

Now to make this even easier for me, I use this Cuisinart 4 Cup Compact blender. This allows you to blend your smoothie right in your travel cup. Talk about convenience! Once blended, you simply remove the blade top and screw on a drinking top and you're good to go.


If you don't have one of these, no problem. Simply use any type of blender or food processor.

If you use strawberries, be sure to remove stems and slice in half. 



Add ingredients into the blender in this order: Ice, fruit, milk substitute, PB 2 (if using)



Blend until smooth and enjoy your fresh and healthy breakfast!

Thanks Y'all
-Wise Wife 










No comments:

Post a Comment