Friday, August 9, 2013

I shall call this "Faith Day Friday"



It's Friday and you made it! Take a minute, pat yourself on the back and say "way to go!" 


I want to take a minute to tell you about a book I read over the summer. Ever After; life lessons learned in my castle of chaos by Vicki Courtney.  Courtney is a christian author who writes about the truths of marriage, motherhood, and life in general. She uses Scripture to better help the reader understand her way of thinking. She is wonderful!



Now let me tell you, you do NOT have to be married to gain something from this book. Yes, some things may not apply to you, heck a lot didn't apply to me yet, but it probably will some day. This is one of those books I will reread as my life progresses into new stages. 

Courtney tells you what life is really like in a way that had me laughing out loud while reading on the beach. Life isn't a fairytale where everyday is smooth and easy. We all make mistakes but its how you react to that mistake that shows who you are.

In the beginning of chapter two, Courtney shares a quote from C.S. Lewis that really stuck with me.


 I think every woman should remember that. Our true first love should be the Lord. We should love Him so much that our significant other must love Him to get to us.

Later on in the book, Courtney goes on to tell us that we have these expectations of marriage and relationships that we have learned from chick flicks and TV shows. Real life is NOT a movie script that your husband is reading from. He doesn't have a director telling him what his response or action should be.



Ladies, lets tell our men what we want! If you want a dinner date, you have to let him know. They can't read our minds (although I still sometimes think they can).

Bottom line, relationships are give and take and remember to always be vocal with your feelings and thoughts. Communication is the key to a happy relationship!

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!!

Thanks Y'all!
- Wise Wife




No comments:

Post a Comment