Monday, April 14, 2014

Wedding Season Begins!

This past weekend we headed down to Mobile to celebrate one of Hubs closest friend's getting married.  We had so much, but man am I exhausted! I love wedding season but it sure takes a lot out of me. Needless to say, we wanted a simple, healthy meal to make up for the not so healthy weekend we had. 

Bride to be, Meagan.

Bride and Groom!

With Hubs at the rehearsal dinner.

It's official.

Mr. and Mrs. 

Celebrating with my lady friends

Love this Man! Today marks 2 years since he popped the question :)

Per usual, Hubs manned the grill and I, well, I didn't do much! I was craving grilled corn but I wanted something with a twist. I decided to make an aioli to give the corn a little extra flavor. I went with a spicy jalapeño recipe to give the sweet corn the right amount of kick. This is one of those I SWEAR ITS EASY recipes. I toss everything into a food processor and let it do its magic. If you don't have a food processor, you can always mix by hand, but it just may take a bit longer.

Lets get cooking!

Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Aioli
Gf/DF

Ingredients:


1/2 cup mayo (I used Hellman's made with Olive Oil)
2 fresh garlic cloves
1 fresh jalapeño 
1/4 t paprika 
1 T lemon juice
pinch of salt
dash of pepper 
2-4 ears of fresh corn

What to do:

Mince your garlic.

Remove the seeds and stem of the jalapeño.

If using a food processor, roughly chop your jalapeño. If you are mixing by hand, make sure you chop the Jalapeño up pretty fine.

Add all of your ingredients into your food processor. 


Process for about a minute or until everything is evenly combined.  You may have to stop periodically and scrape down the edges with a spatula. 


Pop your aioli into the fridge until you are ready to eat. 

Now lets get your for ready to pop on the grill. Set your grill to a medium heat, about 375°. You can always use a grill pan on the stove top for this step, or even pop it in the oven at 375°. 

 Remove the husk and silk from the fresh corn. 


Place your corn on top of a medium sized piece of aluminum foil.

Drizzle with a lithe olive oil.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Hubs likes to add a little parmesan cheese to his. 



Tightly wrap the corn and you are ready to grill.




Grill for 20 minutes. Flipping once half way through. 


Carefully remove the foil as the corn will be very hot!

Top with your aioli and serve!



Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment