Thursday, April 10, 2014

Delicious Mashed Cauliflower!

I hope you love garlic like the Wise house does! This mashed cauliflower recipe is a garlicky heaven! If you don't like such a strong taste of garlic you can always decrease the amount you use. As I mentioned before, I love potatoes, but it is nice to mix it up sometimes. And why not? It is SO good! So, I was a little tricky and told Hubs it was mashed potatoes until we were finished with dinner. I asked him if he liked the mashed potatoes and he said yeah! I said, ha well good, it was cauliflower.

On a side note, our fridge had a catastrophe this week. It has been acting odd for about a week and a half but I blamed it on Hubs not closing the fridge all the way. Ha oops, I was wrong! Sorry hun! It works when it wants, and then completely shuts off when it feels like it wants to. I finally got a repair man out here and they are ordering parts to get it fixed. Because of this little set back, I guess I won't be using cold ingredients for a bit. Wish me luck with that!

Happy Thursday!! 

"Cheesy" Mashed Cauliflower 
GF/DF

Ingredients:


1 head fresh cauliflower
6 cloves of garlic
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup DF/GF sour cream
1/3 cup DF/GF parmesan cheese
2 T fresh green onions

What to do:

Lets get cooking! First off, Preheat your oven to 350°.

Wash your head of cauliflower and remove the outer green leaves if present.



Remove the florets from the stalk and place in a medium baking dish.


Peel your garlic.

Add the garlic into the baking dish with the cauliflower.

Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.

Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.

Cook the cauliflower for about 45 minutes or until the florets have softened.

CAREFULLY Remove the tin foil. Steam will escape when you lift the edge of the foil.


You have two options here. You can use a food processor (easiest option) or you can mash by hand. Process until almost smooth.




Add in the olive oil, sour cream, and parmesan cheese and process for another minute or until completely smooth.



Give it a taste as you may need to add additional salt and/or pepper. If you are ready to eat, dig in. I usually get my mashed cauliflower together and then transfer to a baking dish and pop in the oven to make sure the cauliflower is warm throughout.


Thanks Y'all!!
-Wise Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment