Monday, April 7, 2014

Oven Roasted Garlic Asparagus

Sunday nights are usually saved for quick meals that the Hubs puts together since I cook the rest of the week. He was out of town this past weekend, so I pitched in a bit. I let him take care of the chicken on the girl and of course the steamed artichoke (I think we have an obsession). 

I wanted to contribute something super simple and healthy. Asparagus quickly came to mind. They are so easy to cook and are so good for you. When using asparagus, always trim the ends. If you hold an asparagus with one side in each hand and bend it, the asparagus will naturally snap where you need to cut it. You can then use that as a guide to cut the rest of the asparagus as long as they came from the same bundle.

So what did I do with the asparagus? I added some shallots and garlic and a few other seasonings and dropped them into a baking dish a voila! Quick and healthy side dish. 

Oven Roasted Garlic Asparagus
GF/DF

Ingredients:

1 bundle fresh asparagus
2 cloves fresh garlic
2 shallots
2 T extra virgin olive oil 
1 t balsamic vinegar
pinch of salt and pepper

What to do:

Preheat your oven to 375°.

Wash and trim your asparagus.

Cut your asparagus into 2-3 inch pieces. I usually cut them into thirds.

Dicey our shallots and mince your garlic. Oops I forgot a picture of the shallots. SORRY!!

Add your asparagus into a medium baking dish.

Add in your shallots and garlic.

Give everything a good stir.

Drizzle in your olive oil and balsamic and add in your salt and pepper. Give it one more good stir.

Bake for about 25 minutes, stirring half way through. 


Enjoy your simple side dish!!

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 


No comments:

Post a Comment