Wednesday, May 14, 2014

White Chicken Pizza

Who doesn't love pizza? Silly question right? I like to make my own pizza so I know every ingredient that goes into the meal. I opted to use Bob Mill's pizza crust mix for convenience. You can absolutely skip this step and buy a pre made pizza crust to make dinner even easier or make your own pizza crust from scratch.

I wanted to mix it up a bit so I did away with the typical red pizza sauce and opted for a white garlic sauce that was amazing. I decided to make him some cheesy bread to go along with the pizza. Yes, I used dairy cheese and gluten filled bread because hey, Hubs doesn't always want to eat dairy free and gluten free. I didn't take step by step picture because I didn't think I was going to blog this, but one of my friends requested I share. :)  You will need 1 loaf Italian bread, 4 garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons buttery spread, mozzarella, parmesan, and oregano.

Here is what I did….
 Cut the loaf in half lengthwise. Mince your garlic. Mix the butter and garlic together into a small bowl. Spread the butter over the bread. Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella and parmesan on the bread and top with oregano. Pop in the oven at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until the cheesy is bubbly.


As for the pizza crust, I followed the directions on the back of the bag. It turned out perfectly so I have shown you step by step below.

I use oven roasted garlic in this recipe. I have a garlic roasting dish, but all you need is aluminum foil and olive oil. Separate the cloves and place them in aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and tightly cover. Roast at 400° for about 30 minutes. The cloves will be soft to the touch. Once cooled, remove the skins. Trust me, it is worth the wait!!



 


White Chicken Pizza 
GF/DF


Crust Ingredients:
(makes two crusts)

1 package Bob's Red Mill GF Pizza Crust Mix (yeast included)
1 1/2 cup warm water
2 Eggs
2 T olive oil
GF/DF buttery spread to grease the pan

White Sauce Ingredients:

1 head oven roasted garlic
1/2 t red pepper flakes
1 cup almond milk
1 1/2 T almond flour
1 T coconut flour
2 T olive oil
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Toppings:
1/4 red onion
1/2 package white mushrooms
dairy free Mozzarella (I use almond cheese)
2 cups cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)

Crust Instructions:

Add the yeast packet included in the crust mix into the warm water.

Let it sit for about 5 minutes so the yeast dissolves into the water.

Add in your eggs and olive oil.

Using a hand mixer with the dough hooks attached, (if you have them, if not regular mixing attachments are fine), mix just until combined.

Add the GF crust mix into the same bowl.

Mix on medium for about 2 minutes and a dough begins to form.

Split the dough in two, but leave in the mixing bowl.

Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 20 minutes. Go ahead and preheat your oven to 425°.

Grease a cookie sheet or pizza pan with buttery spread.

With wet fingers, transfer half of the dough onto the cookie sheet or pizza pan and spread out evenly.

Bake for 5-7 minutes or until slightly done. Remember, the crust will be going back in the oven.

Sauce Instructions:

Add olive oil into a small sauce pan.

Add in your red pepper flakes and Sauté for 45 seconds.

Add in almond flour and coconut flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.


Add in your almond milk a little at a time, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.

Allow the mixture to come to a simmer, stirring frequently. Let cook for about 10 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.


If you have a mini food processor, that is your best option here. If not, a blender will work just fine. Add your roasted garlic and sauce into your food processor and process until smooth.

Lets build the pizza!

Crank up the oven to 425°.

Slice your onions.

Spread your garlic sauce onto your partially cooked crust.

Layer you onions.

Layer your mushrooms.

Add a layer of chicken.

Sprinkle your cheese on top. I actually used real cheese on half for the Hubs.

Bake at 425° for about 20 minutes, or until the cheesy is melted.






Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment