Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Coconut "Cream" Pie

Remember my friends with the amazing garden? Well, they have chickens too! They sent me a dozen farm fresh eggs this weekend and I was so excited!! I love knowing my farm fresh eggs came from just down the road and were from chickens raised with love.


How gorgeous are these eggs!

Don't they just make your creative juices run wild?

I couldn't wait to get the eggs home to start cooking with them.

When I started thinking about what to make with my farm fresh eggs, right away my mind went to custard.  It isn't necessarily the healthiest of desserts, but hey, Hubs loves it! So then I started thinking, what type of custard should I go for? I always go for desserts that I typically enjoy, so this time I decided I would opt for something Hubs loves, Coconut! I enjoy the flavor of coconut but coconut pieces give me the creepies. It is something about the texture when I bite down on it. I try over and over, but it just isn't my thing.

Lets make some custard pie shall we?

Custard Cream Pie
GF/DF


Ingredients:

4 farm fresh egg
1/4 cup buttery spread, plus more for greasing
1 cup GF all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 can coconut milk
1 t almond extract
1 cup coconut flakes

What to do:

Preheat your oven to 350°.

Grab a baking dish or pie dish. Using your fingers, grease the inside go your dish with your buttery spread.


Shake the can of coconut milk well.

Add all of your ingredients into a blender or food processor.


Blend on medium until smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes.

Pour your coconut mixture into your greased dish.


Bake for one hour. It will rise, but will fall a bit once you remove it from the oven.


Allow the pie to cool completely before you enjoy!

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife






No comments:

Post a Comment