Thursday, October 23, 2014

Lemon Garlic Baked Shrimp

I have been wanting shrimp for a few days now and I am so excited I am finally getting to indulge. I prefer to use fresh, never frozen shrimp. However, you can absolutely substitute frozen shrimp, just be sure they are not precooked and are defrosted completely before you begin to cook.

Need a tutorial on how to devein shrimp? Check out this easy video on you tube!

This is a simple recipe that helps you to avoid one common mistake when cooking shrimp, over cooking! I also love that all of the ingredients (well besides the shrimp) are ingredients I always have on hand. If you are cooking for a crew that is not fond of heat, simply omit the cayenne.

Even better, this recipe only takes 20 minutes! Yup, you read that right. Isn't it great to know you can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes? This recipe can be used in endless different dishes. You can simply enjoy them alone, or toss them in some freshly cooked pasta. I opted to serve them over my white bean couscous.

Okay lets not waste anymore time reading my rambling thoughts, lets cook some shrimp!

Printable Recipe here!

Lemon Garlic Baked Shrimp
GF/DF

Ingredients:

1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
zest of 2 lemons
juice of 3 lemons (or 1/4 cup lemon juice)
2 T butter substitute, melted
3 cloves garlic
1 t Worcestershire sauce
3/4 t black pepper
1/4 t cayenne pepper (optional)
2 T freshly chopped parsley

What to do:

Grab a baking dish and spray it with your favorite cooking spray.

Arrange your shrimp in a single layer in your baking dish.

Mince your garlic.

In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except the parsley. My lemons were so large, I only ended up using two. So use your judgment on that one :)

Stir it all together.

Pour your lemon juice mixture over your shrimp.

Bake for about 10 minutes, or until done but not over done :).

Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment