Monday, August 11, 2014

Orange-Honey Grilled Pork Chops

Hubs and I have been on a chicken kick lately and I just couldn't do it one more night. Once again, I walked in the grocery with nothing on my mind except that we weren't eating chicken!! I decided to turn to pork chops for our Sunday Supper. Bone-in pork chops are great to throw on the girl, and the bone gives the meat excellent flavor.

I created a quick and easy orange-honey marinade with the assistance of Hubs. I absolutely love the flavor of oranges with pork. I just feel like they go perfectly together to create sophisticated flavors in such an easy way. 

What is better than grilling on a gorgeous, yet HOT, Sunday night? Hubs and I love to spend the evenings outside on our back porch. I usually sit and relax while he mans the grill. (he doesn't let me touch the grill). This is my "secret garden." I love to sit out here in the afternoons and listen to the sound of my fountain.



Okay, so what do you say we cook?

Printable Recipe Here! 

Orange-Honey Grilled Pork Chops
naturally GF/DF

Ingredients:

2 bone-in center cur pork chops
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup gf soy sauce
2 1/2 T honey
about 10 leaves fresh basil

What to do:

First thing we have to do is get our marinade ready. We decided to chiffonade the basil. Don't freak out yet, it is a fancy name for a super simple way of cutting your herbs. Simply stack the basil leaves on top of each other.

Roll the basil leaves up lengthwise.

Using a sharp knife, slice the basil, creating small slices of your fresh herbs. 


In a medium baking dish, add the orange juice, soy sauce and honey. Stir together to combine.

Add your pork chops to the marinade, turning over a few times to coat. 


Sprinkle your basil on top of the pork chops and allow to marinate for about 30 minutes. 

Preheat your grill to about 400-450°. Grill the pork chops for 4 minutes per side, flipping once. Be sure not to over cook! Pork chops can get tough if you overcook. 



When I flip the pork chops, I like to add a little extra marinade for more flavor.



Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment