Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lasagna!!

Some days I really just want a meal that is FULL of cheese and gluten but know I can't have it. So what do I do, I create a new recipe so that I CAN enjoy it. Tonight I knew I had to work late so I got together a lasagna and put it in the fridge with instructions for the Hubs to put it in the oven when he got home from work. It was quite pleasant smelling dinner cooking when I walked through the door. He is such a good Hubs!

It is absolutely freezing here today. As in the low was 18 last night, yup you read that read 18 in Alabama. It is so cold they are canceling schools. Nope no snow, just bitter cold and cold. It is AWFUL! I definitely live in the south for a reason. All that to say that a "cheesy" hot meal surely hit the spot on a cold winter night.

Here is how I created our dinner!!

Lasagna
gluten free, dairy free 

printable recipe here!!

Ingredients:

1 pound ground meat (I used ground chuck)
4 oz DF, GF, cream cheese
1/2 cup DF parmesan cheese, additional for the top layer
1 container DF, GF ricotta (tofutti)
8 oz mozzarella "cheese" (I used almond "cheese")1/2 t salt
10 oz frozen chopped spinach
handful of fresh basil
1 box gluten free lasagna noodles
1 jar GF tomato sauce (or make your own)
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper

What to do:

Preheat your oven to 350°.

Go ahead and get your components ready. Brown your meat in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink.


Drain the meat and rinse. This helps to get rid of some of the fat that comes along with using ground red meat.

Because I used a block of almond cheese, I had to shred it. If you prefer to use Daiya or another pre-shredded cheese, you may on it this step.


Chop your basil



Add cream cheese, parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella into a medium bowl.

Mix to combine.

Defrost your spinach. Squeeze out as much water as possible. I like to do this between two paper towels.


Cook your noodles according to package directions.

Begin to layer your lasagna. Starting with your sauce.

Then a layer of noodles.

Next goes a layer of the cheese mixture.


Then goes your spinach and basil.


Top with a layer of meat. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the salt and pepper.

Then back to your sauce and repeat the layering until all of your ingredients are gone.


Top with some additional parmesan cheese.

Bake in your preheated oven covered with tin foil for about 20 minutes. Remove the tin foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until nice and bubbly.



Now grab a fork and dig in!! I served ours with a side salad.

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment