Monday, January 27, 2014

Blueberry Dressing

Happy Monday!!! After being down at the beach for the past few days, I was in desperate need of a healthy, easy dinner. I ate some delicious meals and enjoyed every bite over the weekend, but now it is time to buckle back down. I never deprive myself of something I truly want, but I always know how to balance it out. If you have self control, it is okay to indulge in a few meals that may not be the best choices. Of course I don't think eating fast food once or twice a week is okay, I just think if you are on vacation, it is okay to enjoy what you eat. :) Just be sure to balance out with exercise. 

Now that I am back home and back in my routine, I kept our Sunday supper easy with a grilled chicken salad with a homemade blueberry dressing. While I was unpacking my suitcase, my Hubs marinated the chicken breast so I don't have a recipe for that. However, he usually uses olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and whatever fresh herbs we have in the kitchen. Below is the recipe for the delicious and simple blueberry dressing.

Creamy Blueberry Dressing
GF, DF

Ingredients:

1 cup blueberries (if frozen, defrost completely)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 t dry mustard
1/2 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
2 T lemon juice
1 T balsamic vinegar

What to do:

There really isn't ANYTHING to this recipe. Simply place all ingredients into a blender. 


  Process until smooth.

Transfer to measuring cup, or bowl, and cover with plastic. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.

That is it!! I made a spinach salad with onions, almond slices, cucumber, blueberries and grilled chicken. It was delicious!!


Sweet boy really wanted a bite. I gave in.. 

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment