Monday, December 2, 2013

Quick and Easy Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup

Because I am still recovering from Thanksgiving lunch and leftovers, I decided to continue with the simple dinners. I was at the grocery store and had chicken noodle soup on my mind. My husband says, you know, I don't think I have ever had chicken noodle soup that wasn't from the can. That was all I needed to hear, tonight's meal is soup! Because it was already after 5, I knew I had to make my quick version of soup. Good thing I love easy quick recipes. and Guess what, It is all made in one pot!

One Pot Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
Gluten Free, Dairy Free

Printable Recipe here 

Ingredients:
1 T olive oil
3/4 cup chopped carrots
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 t ground black pepper
1/2 - 1 t salt
1/2 t garlic powder
1 32 oz carton gluten, low sodium free chicken broth
4 cups water
6 ounces gluten free fusilli pasta
2-3 cups cooked chicken
2 T freshly chopped flat leaf parsley



Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Add in your olive oil and then toss in your carrots, celery, onion, pepper, salt, and garlic powder.

Saute for 3-5 minutes until the veggies begin to become slightly tender.

Add in your chicken broth and water.

Bring to a boil.


Add in your pasta and return to a boil Let boil for 10 minutes or until almost al dente.

Stir in your chicken and allow the chick to heat up for about a minute.
(I use rotisserie but be sure to ask your grocery store if theirs are gluten free)


Finally, stir in your parsley and you are done!!

Grab a spoon and a bowl and serve with your favorite gluten free crackers or bread!



Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife







No comments:

Post a Comment