Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Baked Chicken Muffuletta

I was flipping through a magazine the other day and I came across a recipe for a turkey muffuletta sandwich. I forgot how much I love the flavors in a muffuletta! My mind started wandering and I thought hey, I could definitely make a dinner out of those flavors. So that is exactly what I did. I changed the turkey to chicken and created a baked chicken muffuletta. If you have never had a muffuletta sandwich and you like olives, you are SO missing out! Here is my version of a muffuleta dinner!



Baked Chicken Muffuletta
dairy free


Ingredients:

2 boneless skinless chicken breast
4 T olive oil, divided
1/4 t fresh ground pepper, divided
4 cloves garlic
1 zucchini 
1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
1/4 cup black olives (could you Kalamata)
2 stalks celery
2, jarred roasted red bell pepper
1/2 small sweet onion
2 T red wine vinegar
1 T fresh oregano
1 T fresh parsley
dairy free provolone slices 

What to do:

Preheat your oven to 375°

Dice your zucchini.

Place your zucchini on a parchment lined baking sheet. 

Sprinkle with olive oil and black pepper.

Bake for 25 minutes, stirring once half way through. Once the zucchini is done, remove and set aside.

While the zucchini is cooking, lets move onto the chicken. Go ahead and Mince your garlic.

Trim any excess fat off your chicken breast. Add your chicken to a small baking dish brushed with olive oil. Brush the breast with 1 t olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and half of the garlic.



Bake in oven for about 25 minutes or until no longer pink.

While everything is cooking, chop your green and black olives and place in a medium bowl.



Rinse and dice your celery.

Finely dice your roasted red pepper.

Finely dice your onion.

Chop your oregano and parsley.


Add your remaining garlic, 2 t olive oil, celery, roasted red pepper, onion, zucchini, oregano, parsley, and vinegar into the bowl with the chopped olives.

Stir to combine.

Spoon your olive mixture over your cooked chicken breast.

Lay your dairy free provolone on top of your olive mixture. I let the Hubs have real cheese (on the left) and I went for the dairy free (on the right)

Put back in the oven to melt your cheese, about 7 minutes.

I served ours with a baked potato for the hubs and a sweet potato for me :)  Happy Eating!

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 




No comments:

Post a Comment