Monday, May 4, 2015

Simple Fruit Salad

As this week begins, I have healthy eating on my mind. I have been wanting lots of fruit lately but I am tired of just grabbing an apple, or tossing some blueberries in my mouth on the fly. Today I have for you my favorite simple fruit salad. I like to grab my favorites and from time to time I like to mix it up a bit. Total you need about 6 cups of fresh fruit. Doesn't have to be exact!

When you are focusing on healthy eating, it is helpful to keep quick healthy options in the fridge. If you have a beautiful bowl of cut up fruit staring at you when you open your refrigerator, you are more likely to grab that option. 



The dressing I add to my fruit salad is very simple and doesn't have to be precisely measured. This is one of those eyeball it recipes. I like to use greek yogurt in this recipe, but you could always grab soy yogurt to make this recipe dairy free.

I promise I am working hard to get back in the groove of posting. I know I have been slacking and I'm so sorry!! 

Lets make a fruit salad shall we? Printable Recipe Here!

Simple Fruit Salad
GF

Ingredients:

1 orange
1 apple
about 6 large strawberries
about 1 cup grapes
1/2 cup greek yogurt
3 T honey
zest of an orange
1 t poppy seeds 


What to do:

First things first, make sure you wash all of your fruit well.

Slice and chop your fruit. (I like to leave my oranges in the natural slices and my grapes whole)




Add your fruit to a large bowl and set aside.

Grab a medium bowl and add in the yogurt, honey, orange zest, and poppy seeds.

Stir to combine.

Pour the dressing over your bowl of fruit and mix well. 


Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour before serving.

Give the salad a stir before serving. Sometime the dressing likes to settle at the bottom of the bowl.

Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment