Monday, September 8, 2014

Homemade Creamy Caesar Dressing

A few weeks ago Hubs mentioned that Caesar dressing was his favorite. I have had that on my mind ever since and decided I would surprise him today and whip up some homemade Caesar dressing for him to enjoy.

This recipe is so easy and can be stored in the fridge for about a week. I always store my dressings and sauces in mason jars because they are easy, inexpensive, and are clear so you can see what is in the jar without taking off the top. 


Of course, this dressing is delicious over a bed of greens with your favorite toppings, but I knew I couldn't just stop there. Check back here tomorrow to see what delicious dish I whipped up to utilize the Caesar dressing in a whole new way.

For today, I will share with you my gluten free, dairy free recipe for homemade Caesar dressing. 

This recipe calls for dijon mustard which all brands are not classified as gluten free. However, Annie's Organic Dijon Mustard is GF!! I also used mayonnaise in this recipe. I opted to use Hellman's with Olive oil because it is GF. However, you can always whip up your own!

Homemade Creamy Caesar Dressing
GF/DF

Ingredients:

1 cup mayo 
2 cloves garlic, skin removed
2 t dijon mustard
2 T lemon juice
1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t black pepper
1 t sea salt

What to do:

Add your garlic cloves into a food processor. I like to use my mini food chopper for this recipe for the convenient size.

Pulse until the garlic is minced.

Add in the remaining ingredients.

Blend until everything is well combined. This will take no time at all!

Well my friends, that is it! You have just made homemade Caesear dressing. Store the dressing in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge. 


Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 

No comments:

Post a Comment