Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Chicken Caesar Pasta Bake

Well, I am glad you came back to check out what I created with my Caesar dressing. I promise, you will not be let down!! If you haven't picked up on it yet, Hubs and I both love pasta. It is such a go to for us and I am always trying to create new recipes to keep our tastebuds happy. So why not use Caesar dressing in a pasta dish? Sounds delicious to me! The dressing doesn't overpower the pasta, just creates a creamy taste, without heavy creams and butter. 

If you don't have time to make my homemade Caesar dressing, you can always grab some store bought, just check the label for your food allergy needs.

You have the easy options of making this recipe gluten free and dairy free or not. If you are looking for a gluten free recipe, use GF pasta and my GF/DF Caesar Dressing! In my recipe, I use Daiya "Mozzarella Cheese." However, if you are lucky enough and get to enjoy the real deal mozzarella cheese, by all means substitute that deliciousness in! But hey, I think Daiya is more delicious.. just saying :) 

This is another super easy recipe. If you are short on time, grab a rotisserie chicken and use the breast meat in place of cooking your own. 

Lets make some pasta!! Printable Recipe Here!

Chicken Caesar Pasta Bake
GF/DF

Ingredients:

8 oz penne pasta
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 T olive oil 
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup chicken broth 
1 can black olives
1 batch creamy caesar dressing (recipe here) or 1 cup store bought dressing
1 cup Daiya or mozzarella cheese

What to do:

Cooking your pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the cooking pot.

While your pasta is cooking, preheat oven to 350° and get your chicken ready. Dice into bite sized pieces.


Heat olive oil over medium head in medium size pan.

Add in your chicken and sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. 

Sauté until cooked through, about 7 minutes. 

Drain your black olives.

Once your pasta is cooked and drain, add cooked chicken, chicken broth, olives, caesar dressing, and cheese into the pot with the pasta.

Give everything a stir and add to a medium size baking dish.


Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and pasta is heated through. 


Enjoy! Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 

No comments:

Post a Comment