Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Avocado Cream Sauce with Chicken Stir Fry

Well hello my readers! I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July!! Alas, I am back from a wonderful vacation and have found myself in the kitchen. I spent some wonderful time with my Hubs family laying around on the beach and eating some wonderful meals. Here are a few pics from the week! 




We celebrate Hubs birthday a few days early. It's actually today, I will be sharing his birthday meal with you tomorrow!!

The Best group shot we could get from the valet man.

Because I am so tired from the trip, my first dive back into the kitchen had to be something simple. I had avocado on my mind, so I decided to create my avocado cream dressing. 


My next thought, what to top with the sauce. What is easier than stir fry? Stir fry is such a go to because it is healthy and simple to make! 





Chicken Stir Fry with Avocado Cream Sauce
naturally GF/DF

Avocado Cream Sauce Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado 
1/2 t dried cilantro 
1/4 t garlic powder
1 T agave nectar or honey
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T apple cider vinegar


Stir Fry Ingredients:

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast 
1 bell pepper, I used orange
1/2 sweet onion
2 ears bi-color corn
2 T olive oil
1/2 t salt
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper 
1/4 t garlic powder
1/2 t oregano
1 cup uncooked brown rice

What to do:

Lets start with the avocado. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. 

Remove the pit from the center.

Grab a paring knife and slice lengthwise, but not all the way through the skin.

Turn the avocado and slice the avocado in the opposite direction, again not cutting through the outside.

Remove the avocado and add to a food processor or blender, along with the remaining ingredients. 

Blend until smooth. Store in the fridge for about a week.

Now, lets move onto the stir fry. Cook your brown rice according to package directions. While your rice is cooking, lets start on your meat and veggies. Cut the bell pepper in half remove the stem and seeds.

Dice into even, bite sized pieces.

Cut your onion into even pieces.

Remove the cron kernels from the ears. 

Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.

Add in your chicken and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.

Cook for about 5 minutes, and the outside of the meat is no longer pink. 

Add in your bell pepper, onions, and corn. 

Season with the garlic powder and oregano. 

Give it all a good stir.

Cook for an additional 10 minute, allowing the chicken to completely cook and the the veggies to soften. 

Serve over your brown rice and topped with your avocado cream sauce. 


Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife 

No comments:

Post a Comment