Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Gorgonzola Encrusted Chicken

As Hubs put it yesterday, for a family that isn't supposed to eat cheese, we sure do have a lot in the fridge. I know, I know, but Doctor's orders says I have to eat it. I am trying to space it out as much as possible but if I have to eat it, I may as well explore all of the wonderful things I can make with it!

Gorgonzola is the Italian's blue cheese. Since Hubs semi thinks he is Italian, I figured I would whip him up some supper while the baby naps. I am becoming an expert at "make ahead meals." When you have a 2 month old that requires your constant attention, you learn do get a LOT done in that hour and a half window when they are napping. If I am lucky, she will give me 2 hours! 

For this recipe, you can make it earlier in the day, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until you are ready to cook. Take the dish out a few minutes before you are ready to cook so you aren't placing a super cold dish into a really hot oven.

Sometimes I think chicken can get a bit boring so by encrusting it with something unexpected you can keep your tastebuds happy. This is a recipe for 2, but you can easily multiply it to feed more of a crowd. 


Gorgonzola Encrusted Chicken
GF

Ingredients:

2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 T fresh parsley
2 T greek yogurt
1 T mayonaise
2 T crumbled gorgonzola
1/8 t garlic powder
1 1/2 T grated parmesan
pinch of salt and pepper 

What to do:

Preheat your oven to 400 °.

Chop your parsley.

In a medium bowl, combine the parsley, yogurt, mayonaise, gorgonzola, and garlic powder.

Mix well and set aside.

Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. 

Cover your chicken breasts with the gorgonzola mixture. Sprinkle your parmesan cheese on top of the covered chicken.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.


Thanks Y'all!
-Wise Wife




No comments:

Post a Comment